This image was taken from an Activision Blizzard press conference in Portugal. It’s nice to see that Activision is putting some effort into this year old port.
- 55 Online Ranks
- golden guns
- camo guns
- no ground war
- no kill cam
- tilt nunchuk back/forth during sniping for a lean
- dpad commands from 360/PS3 version have been mapped to a single action button: press button and move thumbstick in a direction to select item
- Use/interact, sprint, and lock camera are all activated with the A button
- frag/special grenades have their own button
- rotate gun left/right by turning Wiimote left/right
- footage may show up within the next 2 weeks
I’m looking forward to seeing the Wii version in action. The screenshots that I’ve seen so far look pretty bad but sometimes these things end up looking better in motion.
- nothing removed from original game
- new content added
- DLC map packs are in question
- A.I. intelligence remains the same
- looking to secure the game at 30 FPS
- no MotionPlus or WiiSpeak support
- 10 players online
- online connection rate improved, friend code situation revamped, send friends invites to play
- 25-30 people working
- multiple control options and tweaks that supposedly outdo The Conduit
- squadmate mode returns
- CG/sound/music/voice returns from original
Call of Duty Modern Warfare for the Wii was announced last night. Today it was confirmed by a short Activision press release.
The record-setting and award-winning Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is coming to Nintendo. Activision will release Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on Wii™ on November 10 in conjunction with the launch of Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare 2.
Ported to Wii by Treyarch, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will bring to Nintendo fans the gripping modern-day action-thriller that won more than 50 combined 2007 Editors’ Choice and Game of the Year Awards.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for Wii is not yet rated by the ESRB. visit www.callofduty.com
Kotaku is reporting that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (a port of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC, PS3, Xbox 360) will be released on the Wii when Modern Warfare 2 ships on November 10th. According to the report Treyarch, the developers behind Call of Duty 3 and COD: World at War on the Wii, is working on the title.
Kotaku did not list a source for this story so it remains unconfirmed for now. However, they are a very reputable site and this should be considered solid information.